Preparation time: 20 mins Cooking time: 15 mins
1) Toor dal – 100 gms
2) Small onions – 6 to 9 pieces
3) Tomato – 1 qty
4) Drum stick – 1 qty
5) Jeera – 1 tsp
6) Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
7) Chilly powder – 1 tbsp
8) Turmeric powder – a pinch
9) Garlic – 3 Cloves
10) Grated Coconut(from half coconut)
11) Dry(Red) chilly – 2 pieces
12) Coriander leaves – handful
Cook toor dal with turmeric powder, garlic, jeera. Mash the dal to fine paste. Peel the onions and chop tomatoes to small pieces. Cut drumstick to pieces(standard size will do).
1) Pour oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When it splutters add chopped onions. Wait till the onion
turns golden brown.
2.)Add cut pieces of drumstick and fry for 3 to 5mins in low flame.
3.)Add chopped tomatoes, red chillies and mix well.
4.) Add enough water to cover the mix. Once drumstick is cooked add coriander powder and heat well. Wait till raw coriander smell leaves.
5.) Add chilly powder and salt.
6.) Add the cooked toor dal. Mix well.
7.) When the mixture boils, add the grated coconut and heat well.
8.) When the curry gets thick add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Serve hot with rice and pappad.
Hope you enjoyed preparing and eating “Coconut Drumstick Dal Fry”. Please do let me know your reviews.